The following policy was recommended by the Planning Council for Academic Affairs and approved by the Vice President for Academic affairs, fall 1994.
- All faculty in their first two semesters of teaching at Xavier will be evaluated in all classes.
- All other non-tenured faculty will be evaluated in two courses each semester (courses to be randomly chosen with computer program).
- All tenured faculty will be evaluated in one course each year (course to be randomly chosen with computer program).
- Any faculty member can request that any/all of his/her classes be evaluated in a given semester by submitting a request to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs. Forms will be provided through chairpersons to assure that sufficient information is given.
- Any chairperson can request that any/all of a faculty member's classes be evaluated in a given semester by submitting a request to his/her dean. The Dean will forward approved requests to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- The Vice President for Academic Affairs and all academic deans may request evaluations of faculty members by notifying the Associate Vice President.
- The Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs shall determine the deadline each semester for requesting evaluations outside the established cycle and shall communicate that deadline to chairs electronically. Forms for requesting evaluations will be forwarded to all academic departments.
Revised September 1994
Faculty Request for Student Evaluation Form