>>HOME >>FACULTY & STAFF
JANICE HAYNES, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor / Internship Course Director
Ph.D. University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Communication Studies, 2005
M.A. University of Houston
Mass Communication, 1996
B.A. University of Houston
Radio, Television & Film, and Anthropology, 1994
COURSES TAUGHT AT XAVIER
- Visual Principles of Media (MSCM 1200)
- Writing for Radio and Television (MSCM 2500)
- Appreciation and History of Film (MSCM 2580)
- Media Criticism (MSCM 3500)
- History of American Mass Media (MSCM 3831)
- Introduction to Communication Research (MSCM 3600)
- Internship (MSCM 4410)
Dr. Haynes' research interests include: welfare policy discourse and media representations of female-headed families; film and restoration of family; apocalyptic narratives in film and popular culture.
Dr. Haynes joined the Communications faculty in the Fall of 2006. She teaches courses in visual media, media criticism, mass communication theory and methods, and film history. Dr. Haynes also supervises internships.