Louisiana - China Economic Forum
November 20th, 2015
College of Pharmacy Auditorium, Building 5, 107
- 8-9, registration, breakfast
- 9-9:50, Session 1 - opening remarks by Xavier President Dr. C. Reynold Verret; contextual theme (the Louisiana economic and investment environment, tax incentives, economic initiatives in attracting external investments, etc.).
- 10-10:50, Session 2 - operational: the operation of businesses and industries, including networks, services, labor dispute, tax issues, public relations, and etc.
- 10:50-11:10, Coffee break
- 11:10-12:00, Session 3 - job opportunities and workforce preparation: economic exchanges with China (including investments from China, import, and export), and the kind of skillsets students should have in preparing for these opportunities.
- 12:30pm, lunch off campus
- Charles Goebel, Plant Manager, Yuhuang Chemical Inc.
- Tim Francis, Of Council, Sher Garner Law Firm
- Suchitra Satpathi, Director of State, International Affairs & Boards and Commissions, Office of the Mayor, New Orleans
- Janine Mansour, Deputy Chief Commercial Officer, Port of New Olreans
- Dr. Donald Lien, Richard S. Liu Distinguished Chair in Business, University of Texas, San Antonio
- Dr. Wei-Ping Pan, Assistant to the President and Sumpter Professor of Chemistry, Western Kentucky University
- Karl Turner, President, A La Carte Special Foods
- Dr. Jose Bautista, Professor, Business; J.P. Morgan Chase Endowed Professor of Economics. Director, Xavier Center for Economic Education
- Lasana Cambrice, Executive Director, Office of Career Advancement Center, Xavier. On our students preparation for future jobs
Art of China and Japan
A lecture by Lisa Rotondo-McCord of the New Orleans Museum of Art
Refreshments will be served
Tai Chi Class
Thursdays, 8:00 am - 8:50 am, New Gym, second floor exercise room
Fan Dance practice