Deadline to apply February 10, 2017!
The Contingent Admit Program is designed to admit high performing high school seniors into the College of Pharmacy (COP) upon graduation from high school. To be considered for contingent admission the following must be completed prior to Fall enrollment as a first-time freshman:
- Achieve and report by February 6th of your senior year a minimum composite ACT of 23 (or equivalent SAT score) and have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.3 or above on a 4.0 scale in a college preparatory high school curriculum (4 units of English, 3 units of natural science, 3 units of social science, 3 units of math including Algebra I, II, Geometry or equivalent).
- Submit a complete admission application to Xavier University of Louisiana (XULA) including an official high school transcript and official ACT or SAT test results postmarked by February 6th of your senior year. Click here to access the online application.
- Submit a statement of interest using the personal statement form and two letters of reference by February 6th of your senior year. The letters of reference must be from math or science teachers who have taught the applicant at the high school or college level. The faculty recommenders must use the XUCOP faculty recommendation form. Please click on the links below to access the forms.
Personal Statement Form
Faculty Recommendation Form
All documents must be submitted to the Office of Admissions:
Office of Admissions
Xavier University of Louisiana
1 Drexel Drive
New Orleans, LA 70125
Upon receipt of your completed application, additional materials may be requested. Final notification of contingent admission status will occur in April.
Once admitted into the program students must:
- Enroll in the College of Arts and Sciences as a Chemistry/Pre-pharmacy major.
- Take the courses outlined by the College of Arts and Sciences to enter the College of Pharmacy in two years.
- Take the Pharmacy College Admissions Test in the fall semester of the second year.
- Appear for a personal interview with COP faculty representatives during COP application process.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA in all of the pre-requisite pre-pharmacy courses and a minimum 3.0 GPA in the required pre-requisite math and science courses.
If a student does not maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA, the contingent admission will be rescinded and he/she may apply for admission into the program with the remainder of the class.
All policies that pertain to the regular admission process are applicable for the Contingent Admit Program.
For additional information please contact Mrs. Jucynthia Jessie, COP Director of Admissions & Recruitment, at email@example.com or (504) 520-7492.