A degree in which leads to initial certification and a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT). All graduate courses are offered in the evenings with some online coursework required. Tuition assistance is offered for initial certification. Xavier offers two unique programs.
|MAT General Education
||MAT General Education/Special Education (Mild/Moderate)
||Elementary / Special Education
(Biology; Chemistry; General Science; Earth Science; Business Education; Mathematics; Social Studies)
|Middle School/Special Education (English/Language Arts; Mathematics; Social Studies; Science)
(Art; Dance; Music; Foreign Languages; Health and Physical Education)
(Biology; Chemistry; General Science; Earth Science; Business Education; Mathematics; and Social Studies)
For inquiries please contact Ahdija Baker Donatto at 504.520.7533 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two professional references
- 2.5 GPA
- Graduate Records Exam (GRE) score of 800 or revised GRE score of 280 (verbal and math combined) OR a 380 on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Must Pass Praxis I (Pre-professional Skills Test)
- Candidates are exempted from Praxis I if they have an advance degree, score a 22 on ACT, or score a 1030 on SAT.
- Must pass Praxis II (content exam)
- All applicants must be health cleared through Student Health Services prior to registration.