Students selecting a minor in public health sciences must complete a minimum of 18 semester hours of courses offered within the Public Health Sciences Department at Xavier. Students who elect to take upper level courses must meet the prerequisites for those courses, if they are required.
Students interested in establishing a minor in public health sciences must take all of the following courses:
- PHLT 1001 Introduction to Public Health
- PHLT 1002 Nutrition and Health
- PHLT 2001 Behavioral Theories in Public Health
- PHLT 2002 Health Promotion Program Planning
- PHLT 3001 Introduction to Epidemiology
- PHLT 4001 Ethics in Public Health