It’s time for the next steps in the enrollment process.
If you haven’t already done so, be sure to file the FAFSA before the March 1st priority deadline.
Review the following categories to complete the appropriate steps to solidify your spot in the new student class.
Finalizing your Admissions (Office of Admissions)
Office of Admissions Contact Information: https://www.xula.edu/contactuspageundergraduate
To access your Xavier email account, please following these steps:
- Go directly to gmail.com
- Sign in by entering your Xavier email address (not a personal gmail account) which is listed on your acceptance letter
- Enter your temporary password, following this patter: Xav and then the last 5 digits of your 900 (EX: Xav54321). Your XULA ID is listed within your acceptance letter as well.
- Change your password as directed
- If you have another personal Gmail account, the browser may already be logged in. When that is the case, sign out of your personal Gmail account and click on the “Sign in with a different account” link.
Using Banner Web, you will be able to view your financial aid package and accept all scholarships, grants and need-based aid. For questions regarding your financial aid, connect with the Office of Student Financial Aid or call them at 504-520-7835.
For questions regarding your student account and billing for tuition and fees, connect with the Office of Student Accounts or call them at 504-520-7667.
Fall Term: May 1
Spring Term: December 1
Submit your enrollment deposit online. This deposit is non-refundable after May 1st. All students are required to pay the enrollment deposit including athletic scholarship recipients. If you are accepted after the deposit deadline, you have 15 days from your acceptance date to submit your enrollment deposit.Pay Your Deposit Here
- Deposit Deadlines:
- Fall Term: May 1st
- Spring Term: December 1st
- This deposit is non-refundable after May 1st.
- To receive a refund prior to May 1st please contact the Office of Admissions.
- All students are required to pay the enrollment deposit including athletic scholarship recipients.
- If you are accepted after the deposit deadline, you have 15 days from your acceptance date to submit your enrollment deposit.
- For enrollment deposit deadline extensions please contact the Office of Admissions: (504) 520-7388
- Please submit your enrollment deposit online below
- Upon graduation, send your official final high school transcript by July 1st. This official transcript must include the date of graduation.
- Final documents can be emailed to: email@example.com by a high school counselor
- Final documents can also be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
1 Drexel Drive
New Orleans, LA 70125
- Be sure to request all AP, IB, CLEP, and/or college credit to be submitted by July 1st.
- Failure to meet this deadline may cause you to enroll in classes of which you may have placed out of previously.
- Visit the Credit Information page to learn more about credit policy.
- Student Academic Success Office (SASO), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students who have applied test optional without official ACT/SAT test scores or demonstrated a need to satisfy one or more developmental course requirements will have the opportunity to take the ACCUPLACER Placement exam.
About the Accuplacer Next-Generation Exam
- Exams must be scheduled by emailing: placement email@example.com
- To test, students will need a computer (desktop or laptop) with a webcam and audio capabilities. The test will be proctored remotely by the Student Academic Success Office
- The exam is computer-based and is completely free.
- Results are given immediately upon completion of the exam.
- On average, the exam takes 1 hour per test to complete.
- Practice Materials are available online through The College Board:
*Fall Orientation: prior to the beginning of fall semester
In order to register for Orientation, your enrollment deposit must be received. In the middle of the spring semester, all deposited students will receive specific information regarding fall orientation. Learn more about orientation by visiting www.xula.edu/orientation.
Office of Financial Aid
Office of Financial Aid Contact Information: https://www.xula.edu/finaidcontactus
How to accept your Financial Aid Award
To accept your award, please follow these steps:
- Go to Xavier University's website: www.xula.edu.
- Click Quick Links
- Click Online Resources
- Click Banner Web, click Log in to Secure Area.
- Enter your XULA User ID and your PIN (the month, the date, and last 2 digits of your birth year).
- Select Student and Financial Aid.
- Click on Virtual Financial Aid Office, then on Electronic Award Offer.
- ·Click on Award Offer by Aid Year, and select the Aid year July 202_ - June 202_ from the drop menu, then click “Submit”.
Financial Aid How to Accept or Decline award video: https://www.xula.edu/finaidstudents
THE OFFICE OF RESIDENTIAL EDUCATION (Housing)
The Office of Residential Education Contact Information: https://www.xula.edu/residential-education-meet-the-staff
COMPLETE TWO STEPS TO NAVIGATE YOUR PATH TO ON-CAMPUS LIVING
At Xavier, freshmen receive priority for on-campus housing, but it is not required to live on campus. Transfer students may request housing, but it is not guaranteed. If you are interested in living on-campus, apply early to optimize your chance of being placed in a preferred living area.
** Please note all incoming residential students are required to pay an additional $200 prior to February 1st to be able to apply for housing for the next Fall Academic Year**
Steps to pay your Housing Deposit:
- Go to https://www.officialpayments.com/index.jsp
- Under Education, Payments click Make a payment
- Under Make a Payment Choose
- State: Louisiana
- Payment Entity: Xavier University of Louisiana
- Payment Category: Deposits
- Payment Type: Housing Deposits
Click Make a payment
- Enter student ID
- Student First name & Last name
- Payment Amount: $100
- Choose payment option
The $100 housing deposit must be submitted prior to completing the application which will become available in mid-March.
To learn more about The Office of Residential Education, visit www.xula.edu/residential-life.
Health Clearance (Office of Student Health Services)
All Steps must be completed by July 1st
Submit your immunization records and TB Screening Questionnaire to the Student Health Services.
You will not be able to register for classes until your immunization documentation and TB screening are received and reviewed for full compliance by Student Health per the State of Louisiana guidelines.Patient Portal
Submit an insurance waiver by August 1st (fall) or Jan.1st (spring) if you have comparable insurance and wish to waive the Xavier Student Health Insurance from Gallagher Student Insurance.
This waiver can be found at gallagherstudent.com.
If you do not submit a waiver for comparable coverage, your account will be automatically billed by Student Accounts. Visit https://www.xula.edu/insurance for additional information.
Fiscal Clearance (Office of Fiscal Services)
Office of Fiscal Services Contact Information: https://xula.edu/office-of-student-accounts-staff
- The deadline to submit your enrollment deposit is May 1st. (December 1st for Spring Term).
- Apply early for on-campus housing. This is limited.