Campus Card Office
The Campus Card Office is responsible for:
- issuing the XCard/ID Card
- managing your RushBuck$ Debit Account, and
- administering the Online Card Office (OLCO)
The XCard is Xavier University's ID/Multipurpose Campus Card.¬† As a Multipurpose Campus Card:
- the XCard/ID Card serves as your official Xavier University of Louisiana identification card and
- your RushBuck$ Debit Account is your cash alternative on the Xavier University of Louisiana Campus.
TheOnline Card Office is your easiest option to review your RushBuck$ account and add funds via a debit card or anyone of the following credit cards: American Express/Discover/MasterCard/Visa.
- log into Blackboard
- enter your webmail username and password.
- click on the XCard Office tab.
- proceed to add funds.
Campus Card Office Location:
University Center, Room 122-G
(Located in the Office of Auxiliary and Support Services)
Hours of Operation
Academic Year/ Summer Sessions
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p. m.
When classes are not in session, please contact our office (504-520-5780) for hours.
(Note: Hours are subject to change.)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the XCard?
- How can I obtain an XCard?
- Do I need to get an XCard each semester?
- How do I reactivate Blackboard "Online" XCard account that has been "closed" due to inactivity?
- Why do I pay a $10.00 ID fee every semester/session that I enroll in classes at Xavier if I am not required to get an XCard each semester?
- What are RushBuck$?
- How will my RushBuck$ account be activated?
- How can funds be deposited to my RushBuck$ Account?
- Can someone else add money to my RushBuck$ Account?
- How can I find out my balance/transaction history?
- Can my parents or guardian have access to information regarding my account?
- Can I withdraw cash from my RushBuck$ Account?
- Can I close my account at any time?
- What happens to my RushBuck$ Account balance if I graduate or terminate my studies/association with Xavier University of Louisiana or my account remains inactive?
- What happens if my card is lost/damaged/stolen?
- Will I have to pay a replacement fee even if my XCard is damaged through normal wear tear?
- Are there any terms and conditions that I should be aware of?
What is the XCard?
- The XCard refers to your identification card, which is used for transacting Xavier University of Louisiana business such as checking out library books, gaining entry to University sponsored events, and accessing designated University buildings.
- The XCard is the property of Xavier University of Louisiana and is not transferable.¬† It is your personal ID card, which should be carried at all times when on Xavier University of Louisiana property and must be presented on request by any University official.
How can I obtain an XCard?
- New students (i.e., first time attending the University) and newly hired employees may receive their first XCard free of charge from the Campus Card Office.
- For security reasons, issuance of all XCards (i.e., new IDs) requires positive government photo identification (e.g., driver's license, state identification card, military ID, passport).
- Continuing/Returning students need only to have their XCard reactivated which will be done electronically upon being fiscally cleared via Student Accounts.
Do I need to get an XCard each semester?
- No. Possession of your XCard should continue as long as you are a current student/employee/affiliate (vendor, etc.) of Xavier University of Louisiana.
- If your name, number, or status (e.g., student to staff) changes, you can bring in the old card and a new card will be printed for you with the new information on it at no extra charge.
How do I reactivate Blackboard "Online" XCard account that has been "closed" due to inactivity?
- The Sign-In Username has been locked due to user inactivity. To access this site, please contact: The Information Technology Center Help Desk at 520-7446 or 520-7449. You must provide a valid Xavier University Identification Number (XULA ID) and Xavier University E-Mail Address to have your Blackboard XCard Account reactivated.
Why do I pay a $10.00 ID fee every semester/session that I enroll in classes at Xavier if I am not required to get an XCard each semester?
- The $10.00 assessment on a student's bill is actually an ID system maintenance fee and must be paid each semester/session of enrollment at the University. All students are required to pay this fee.
What are RushBuck$?
- RushBuck$ refer to a stored value account established only by pre-depositing funds. It is your cash alternative on the Xavier University of Louisiana campus.
- RushBuck$ can be used for purchasing services/goods from selected copy, laundry, and vending machines. Funds in your RushBuck$ account can also be used for purchasing merchandise from the bookstore as well as meals from food services.
How will my RushBuck$ account be activated?
- Your RushBuck$ account will be activated only upon depositing funds into your account.
- The deposited funds will be credited to your account on the same business day a deposit is received.
How can funds be deposited to my RushBuck$ account?
- Accepted forms of deposits are cash, checks, money orders, debit cards or credit cards (e.g., American Express/Discover/MasterCard/Visa).
- All deposits must refer to RushBuck$ and your XULA ID number to ensure that funds are posted accurately.¬† (Your RushBuck$ account is a separate account from any student account associated with Fiscal Services.)
- Deposits can be made:
- via the Online Card Office (OLCO) once you have logged into Blackboard
- via the Card Management Center (CMC) located in the University Center, First Floor at the Cafeteria entrance (Please note that the CMC will only accept U.S. currency in the form of $5, $10, $20 bills),
- in person at the Campus Card Office (University Center, Room 122-G), or
- by mail (Campus Card Office, Xavier University of Louisiana, 1 Drexel Drive, Campus Box:¬† 160, New Orleans, LA 70125-1098)
Can someone else add money to my RushBuck$ Account?
- Yes. A deposit can be made only if the individual to whom the XCard was issued gives the necessary information to the third party who is making the deposit.
How can I find out my balance/transaction history?
- Account balances can be obtained from most locations where you use RushBuck$. You may access the Online Card Office (OLCO) via Blackboard or contact the Campus Card Office for your account balance as well as your transaction history.
Can my parents or guardian have access to information regarding my account?
- Information regarding the cardholder will not be provided to third parties unless required by applicable laws or with written permission from the cardholder.
Can I withdraw cash from my RushBuck$ Account?
- No. Cash withdrawals are not permitted.
Can I close my account at any time?
No. Once a RushBuck$ account has been opened, it remains open until:
- you graduate or terminate your studies/association with Xavier University of Louisiana, or
- your account remains inactive for 12 months, or
- you fail to follow the RushBuck$ Debit Account Terms and Conditions Agreement.
What happens to my RushBuck$ account balance if I graduate or terminate my studies/association with Xavier University of Louisiana or my account remains inactive?
- Once you have separated from the University, you may request a refund (in writing) of the remaining funds if, and only if, your balance is $25.00 or greater.¬† ( A $15.00 processing fee will be deducted from your balance.)
- If you have less than $25.00 remaining on your card, we will not issue a refund check but encourage you to spend the balance.
- RushBuck$ accounts which remain inactive for 12 months and have a balance of $25.00 or greater will be refunded automatically.¬† (A $15.00 processing fee will be deducted from your balance.)
- Refunds will be mailed to the last known address.
What happens if my card is lost/damaged/stolen?
- A lost/damaged/stolen ID card must be reported immediately to have your card deactivated.¬† You can now access your XCard/RushBuck$ Account via the Online Card Office and personally deactivate your card or visit the Campus Card Office.¬† (Please note that the University is not responsible for any loss/damage/theft or expenses resulting from loss/damage/theft or misuse of this card.¬† Therefore, you should have your card deactivated as soon as possible to prevent any unauthorized use.)
- A nonrefundable fee ($10.00) -restricted to cash only - must be paid to a Campus Card Office representative at the time a replacement card is printed and issued.
Will I have to pay a replacement fee even if my XCard is damaged through normal wear and tear?
- No. However, since it is the cardholder'Äôs responsibility to protect and maintain the condition of his/her card, you will be held liable if it is damaged through neglect/misuse (e.g., placing in washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, on the car dashboard, scratching the magnetic stripe with keys, using as an ice scraper, punching a key ring hole in the card, leaving it on a TV or personal computer, affixing labels or stickers to the card, etc.)