Congratulations Class of 2020!
NYTimes - Dean Baquet
College of Pharmacy Hooding & Honors Ceremony
Baccalaureate Mass & Honors & Awards Convocation
Requirements for Graduation:
- Review your degree requirements with your advisor.
- Submit your degree application to the Office of the Registrar. (A $117 graduation fee will be assessed for CAS graduates and a $144.00 fee will be assessed for COP/Ed.D graduates). Make sure the application is complete and accurate.
- Complete an Exit Interview with Financial Aid.
- Students must satisfy all financial obligations to Xavier University (Student Accounts, Library Fines, Parking Tickets, Student Health Services) in order to participate in the May, 2020 Commencement Ceremony, receive a diploma and obtain an official academic transcript. The deadline for satisfying financial obligations in order to participate in the Commencement Ceremony is April 24, 2020. After this date, Fiscal Services will not accept personal checks.
- Students currently enrolled at another institution must submit an official transcript to the Office of the Registrar no later than April 28, 2020. If you plan to register for any CLEP exams, you must do so by March 31, 2020 and we must receive the scores by April 28, 2020.
- Visit the XU Book Store for graduation cap/gown measurements.
- If you are not participating in commencement, submit a “Letter of Absentia” along with a fee of $33.00 to the Registrar’s Office immediately. In absentia graduates are ineligible to receive Admission Tickets.
- Update your current and permanent addresses and phone numbers in the Registrar’s Office or on Banner Web.
- Complete Graduate Survey. Please continue to check your Xavier email account for official correspondence.
Office of Student Affairs • 3rd Floor University Center 305B Beginning March 15, 2020 graduation announcements will be mailed to graduates who completed work last summer or fall. Questions about announcements may be addressed to Ms. Barbara Franklin, Office of Student Affairs, 3rd floor, by phone (504) 520- 7357, by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the office. The first ten announcements are included in your graduation fee. Additional announcements may be purchased at $1.00 each. You may make or purchase name cards as an insert OR you may order personalized invitations from Herff Jones Email: GRADSUPPLY@ AOL.COM or call (504) 737-4439.
The Senior Class is sponsoring “Grad Finale”, a resource fair offering an opportunity for you to get information on and complete graduation obligations on Thursday, March 5, 2020, 10am – 2pm, UC 1st Floor Lobby. Several vendors and university offices will be available throughout the day---Senior Class (Kente Stoles, class week info); Herff Jones (personalized invitations); Jostens (class rings); Candid Photography (senior portraits); Financial Aid (exit interviews, loan consolidation); Registrar; and more.
For last minute emergencies, there will be a limited number of caps, gowns and hoods available. For those who have yet to place an order, the final deadline for ordering regalia is Friday, March 20, 2020. Also, Xavier and Greek Organization KENTE cloth stoles are available in Student Affairs, University Center – Rm. 305B for $25 and $30, respectively. COP stoles may be preordered in the Dean’s office by March 30, $60.
If you miss the Grad Finale Fair, you may still order graduate portraits. A photographer will take cap/gown portraits at the Commencement or you may arrange for an individual sitting in advance. Contact Candid Campus Photography at (504) 366- 0607. The photographer provides caps/gowns/tassels/hoods.
Many THANKS to Jostens for sponsoring a raffle of a class ring at the Senior Fair. Class rings can be ordered at the Grad Finale Fair, UC lobby on March 5th, or online through Jostens at http:// college. jostens.com/jostens/college/home.jsp?_requestid=94379 and enter Xavier University of LA.
DIPLOMAS are awarded at the Commencement Ceremony to those who have satisfied ALL requirements for the degree and whose fiscal accounts are clear. Please confirm name change, spelling, etc. with the Office of the University Registrar. If you completed your work last summer or fall and are now out of town, or if for other grave reasons you will be unable to be present for the Commencement Ceremony, you must request permission to receive your degree “In Absentia”. This should be done as soon as possible, if you have not already done so. Be sure to include in your letter of request to you College Dean’s Office, the address to which the diploma should be mailed. There is an additional $33 fee for diplomas In Absentia (Total graduation fee $150 for College of Arts & Sciences and $177 for College of Pharmacy.)
Commencement Entrance and seating for the general public at the Convocation Center will be on a first-come, first-served basis. ALL GUESTS MUST HAVE A TICKET TO ENTER. Doors open at 9:00 a.m. We strongly suggest that your guests arrive early, but not later than 9:45 a.m. At the completion of the Commencement ceremony, guests are directed to meet graduates outside of the entrance to the Convocation Center. ALL GUESTS ARE ASKED TO WAIT OUTSIDE IN ORDER TO AVOID CONFUSION. THANK YOU!
Parking is available on campus parking lots except Gold Lot C and any 24 hour reserved spaces. A shuttle will be provided from south campus to the Convocation Center
You may be sent other important information through the U.S. mail. Please check Banner Web and verify that the Registrar’s office has your current local and permanent mailing addresses, phone numbers and parent contact information.