Effective health care requires a special relationship between health care provider and patient – a partnership
of trust, confidence, and mutual respect for responsibilities. The staff of Student Health Services expects you to
share in the responsibility of your health care.
You have the responsibility to:
- Follow all rules and regulations of Student Health Services.
- Show courtesy and respect to the health clinic staff and other patients in the clinic.
- Provide accurate information concerning your illness to allow proper evaluation and treatment, including
medical history, allergies, and any medications and/or over the counter medicines and dietary supplements
you may be on or have taken.
- Ask questions if you do not understand the explanation of your diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, or any
instructions given to you.
- Follow the treatment plan prescribed by your provider.
- Refrain from giving medication prescribed for you to others.
- Turn off cell phones or place them on vibrate.
- Be responsible for any charges incurred and billed to you associated with your treatment.
- Notify Student Health Services if it becomes necessary for you to cancel a scheduled appointment.