Registration - Fall 2020 Semester
XAVIER UNIVERSITY WILL NOT CONDUCT AN ONSITE REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR THE FALL 2020 SEMESTER
Thursday, August 13th – Monday, August 17th (Course scheduling continued online for returning students)
Monday, August 17th – Classes Begin
Remote Registration will continue through Wednesday August 19th
A $100.00 Late Fee applies for continuing students on August 13th and 14th. Starting Monday August 17th all students registering late will be assessed the $100. 00 fee.
ALL NEW FRESHMEN AND NEW TRANSFER STUDENTS MUST REGISTER WITH THEIR ADVISORS. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR ORIENTATION schedule for details. Please note, new students will not be subject to the $100 late registration fee before August 17th.
ALL RETURNING FRESHMEN, DECIDING/DECIDING NON SCIENCE MAJORS, ENGLISH MAJORS AND MUSIC MAJORS:
YOU MUST OBTAIN YOUR ALTERNATE PIN # FROM YOUR ADVISOR PRIOR TO LOGGING INTO BANNER WEB.
ALL DEGREE STUDENTS MUST contact their advisor s BEFORE enrolling in classes. Students will be required to state that an advisor has approved all courses. Proper course selections are ultimately the responsibility of the student. (Please see curriculum requirements in the 2020-2021 University Catalog)
Please see below instructions and contact information for the Office of Admissions, Registrar’s Office, Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships and the Office of Fiscal Services and Student Accounts
Office of Admissions
The Office of Admissions can be reached at 504-520-7388.
The Registrar’s Office can be reached during the registration period at 504-520-6790. We are located at Xavier South Suite 630. The office will be open from 8am- 4:30pm.
- Registration closes at 4:00 PM on Friday, August 14th. Those students who have not paid their tuition bill (assessment) or who have not made satisfactory payment arrangements will be de-registered (dropped from) all of their courses. If a student is not registered for a class, then he/she is not allowed to attend that class. De-registered students can begin rescheduling classes beginning Monday August 17th, 2020 at 8:00am.
- The last open period of Late Registration ends on Wednesday August 19th at 4:00 PM. Students who have not paid their tuition bill (assessment) or who have not made satisfactory payment arrangements will be taken out of all their courses and cannot attend classes.
- For registration instructions, click Online Registration
- The latest schedule can be found at Class Search.
- Request for password reset or other problems related to Banner should be sent to email@example.com or you can contact the helpdesk at (504) 520-7446.
Office of Fiscal Services
In order to complete the fiscal clearance process, you must pay the required minimum payment (1/2 of the Estimated Fall 2020 Semester Balance plus your prior balance).
The University is requiring students to make the required minimum payment for the Fall 2020 semester utilizing the online payment system (CASHNet).
For reprints or updated copies of your Student Fee Billing Form, please utilize the following steps:
- Go to www.xula.edu.
- Click on MY XULA.
- Enter Username & Password.
- Select Banner Web.
- Click on Student & Financial Aid.
- Select Registration and then Check Your Registration Status.
- Enter Fall 2020 and click Submit.
- Scroll down to the Hyperlink that states: Click here to view details …..
Secure online credit cards and personal check payments are accepted via CASHNet at www.xula.edu under Online Resources (Banner Web) and by selecting the Tuition & Fees Online Payment Option. If your Student Fee Billing Form reflects an estimated semester balance, you should access CASHNet to make your required payment. However, if your Student Fee Billing Form reflects a credit/negative amount, you will be automatically cleared for housing provided you are registered for at least 12 semester hours and health cleared.
If you have difficulties in interpreting the payment requirements, a Student Accounts Representative can be contacted at either firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-520-7667 for assistance.
- To verify that you have been Fiscally Cleared, go to www.xula.edu. Click on MY XULA. Enter User ID & PIN, then Select Banner Web. Click on Student & Financial Aid. Click Registration, and then Click Check your Registration Status. Enter a Term and Click Submit.
- If you have completed your FAFSA and have not been awarded financial aid, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at 504-520-7835.
A STUDENT MUST HAVE A SIGNED FERPA AUTHORIZATION ON FILE IN ORDER FOR THE OFFICE OF STUDENT ACCOUNTS TO DISCUSS THEIR ACCOUNT WITH A THIRD PARTY.
The Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships
- If you have an award offer that has not been accepted: Go to your Banner Web and make a decision on your award offer. Contact the Office of Fiscal Services/Student Accounts for fiscal clearance.
- If your FAFSA is not complete: You will receive an email with an estimated eligibility notification (estimated award). Contact the Office of Fiscal Services/Student Accounts.
- If you have completed your FAFSA and have not been awarded or receive an estimated offer notification, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at 504-520-7835.
- Any documents requested must be submitted through the student’s personal verification portal.
- If you have a Parent Plus Loan approval; contact the Office of Fiscal Services/Student Accounts.
- If you have questions about scholarships, contact 504-520-5212.
Note: If you were offered a scholarship and do not see it on your award, the Office of Fiscal Services/Student Accounts has access to view your scholarship offer.