Xavier University has four resident halls. The Halls are St. Katharine Drexel, St. Michael, St. Martin dePorres and the Living Learning Center.¬† A description of each Hall can be located at www.xula.edu/housing/. The central office of each Hall is staffed ¬†24 hours a day, 7 days a week by the following persons: Hall Director, Hall Advisors and Resident Assistants.
The policies of the Residence Halls are available in the Guide to Housing and Residence Life also located on the Housing web page. ¬†To ensure the safety and security of the residents, a major priority of the housing staff is services, programs, and policies intended to enhance the quality of campus life.
Residence Hall Safeguards
- Do not lend your room key or security door key to anyone. Remember, keys are easily duplicated.
- Never prop open security doors
- List your valuables and credit cards and keep them in a secure and locked.
- Keep your door locked at all times. Leaving it open to go to the shower or the lounge is an invitation to theft or uninvited guest.
- Be sure that your guest sign in at the desk before accompanying you into the living area
- Report any suspicious person(s) or activity to the Resident Manager
Note: It is recommended that students desiring to rent an apartment in the city or metro area check the safety of the area, the apartment complex and the neighborhood prior to signing a lease agreement.