The OFFICE OF STUDENT SUCCESS
"RETENTION IS THE OUTCOME...GRADUATION IS THE GOAL!"
The mission of the OFFICE OF STUDENT SUCCESS is to improve retention and graduation rates of Xavier students, particularly by addressing new freshmen students and students who are academically at risk. This is done through academic support and First-Year Experience programs. The OFFICE OF STUDENT SUCCESS is commissioned to:
- Design and implement academic programs for improving retention and graduation rates;
- Provide academic advising to Deciding Majors;
- Monitor the academic progress of probationary students;
- Provide academic support through the coordination, enhancement, and support of peer tutoring and the academic labs (reading, writing, and mathematics);
- Engage a system of monitoring and mentoring for the academic progress of new freshman students.
Student Freedom Initiative
Student Freedom Initiative is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring freedom in professional and life choices for students attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities like Xavier University of Louisiana. The program offers an income-contingent funding alternative, known as the Student Freedom Agreement, which is available to rising juniors and seniors majoring in a STEM field, as well as educational and career support resources.