Transfer Courses-Equivalent to Pre-Pharmacy Requirements
The College of Pharmacy will accept pre-pharmacy coursework from accredited colleges and universities. Equivalent courses are listed below by college/university. Each table includes the COP Pre-Pharmacy Requirements (columns 1 & 2) with the approved equivalent transfer courses from each school in columns 3 &4.
Students intending to transfer to Xavier's College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) prior to entering the PharmD program should consult with an academic advisor in the CAS regarding the transferability of these courses.
Transfer Credits for Incoming Pharmacy Students
The COP does not accept transfer credits for incoming P1 students. Students entering the College of Pharmacy are not allowed to transfer credits upon entry.
- ALCORN STATE UNIVERSITY
- BATON ROUGE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY
- LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
- LOYOLA UNIVERSITY
- MCNESSE STATE
- MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST COLLEGE
- NICHOLLS STATE UNIVERSITY
- NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
- NUNEZ COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY
- SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY OF BATON ROUGE
- SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY OF NEW ORLEANS
- TEXAS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY
- TULANE UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA LAFAYFETTE
- UNIVERSITY OF NEW ORLEANS
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH ALABAMA
Other Admissions Information for Transfer and International Students
Xavier University classifies students who apply to the university to complete their pre-pharmacy coursework as transfer students.¬† As such, these students must comply with the requirements for admission to Xavier University.
In general, the College of Pharmacy does not accept transfer students from other colleges or schools of Pharmacy.¬† However, these students may be considered for admission under exceptional circumstances.¬† Each request for transfer is evaluated on an individual basis.
They will be required to submit the following:
- a letter of recommendation from a secondary school official.
- Original certificate of national examination taken by the student
- Xavier University Certificate of Financial Support (use link to document) Applicants should review the University's "Information for International Students"
(Notarized affidavit of support indicating who will pay the cost of attendance)
- Non English speaking natives are required to submit official TOEFL (test of English as a Foreign Language) scores.