Xavier University Police
The Mission of the Xavier University of Louisiana, Office of University Police, is to provide a crime free environment and promote programs on Crime Prevention, Safety & Security Awareness, Risk Reduction and Avoidance as comprehensive approaches to meet the goals of the Department and the University.
The Office of University Police is located at the Carrollton Avenue entrance of the University, corner of South Carrollton and Drexel Drive (3801 South Carrollton Avenue). The location provides convenient access to the entire campus, as well as serving as an information center for visitor. It is open 24 hours a day for students, faculty, and staff seeking assistance or to report any suspicious persons, activities and/or circumstances, or emergencies occurring on campus.
Each member of Office of University Police is a trained Officer who holds a State of Louisiana University Police Commission or a Special officer Commission issued by the New Orleans Police Department. Although the commissions authorize University Police Officers to be armed and to apprehend persons who have been observed committing criminal acts, the primary missions of the University Police Department is to prevent and serve as a deterrent to criminal activities within the jurisdiction of Xavier University of Louisiana and its subsidiaries.
Services performed by the Office of University Police include but are not limited to:
- Securing and Opening Buildings;
- Vehicle, Bicycle and Foot Patrols of properties;
- Enforcement of University Rules and Regulations;
- Enforcement of State Laws & Municipal Ordinances;
- Investigation of Criminal Violations & Auto Accidents;
- Crime Prevention & Personal Safety Programs;
- Emergency & Personal Escorts Services; Security Surveys (on & off Campus)